Plymouth Michigan Indoor Air Quality Testing
Buying a new home is a huge investment and it’s important to have your potential home inspected prior to closing day. It’s also crucial that a home inspector be dependable, thorough, and experienced.
An inspection will reveal pertinent information about a home’s structural, electrical, and plumbing components – and can hint to potential issues such as mold – but to get the full picture of a home or business, indoor air quality testing is a necessary component, especially if mold has been found or is suspected. Indoor air quality is a greater health hazard than outdoor air pollution, according to the Environmental Protection Agency.
In fact, pollutants are known to be 100 times higher inside of a home as opposed to outside. That, combined with the fact that people (especially children) stay inside more and more streaming movies, strolling through social media sites on their smartphones, and playing video games, means air quality should be of high importance.
Having your air quality tested before putting your house on the market is also of equal importance. Many buyers seek air quality audits along with their inspections to ensure the air is safe and free of harmful chemicals and molds. Mold growth can be present within the home and be hidden behind walls or underneath carpeting or flooring. The use of formaldehyde is prevalent in certain building materials and the concentration of this known cancer-causing agent can be many times the safe level.
Give us a call today at (734) 331-3269.
But how do you determine if the indoor air quality of the home will jeopardize the health of you and your family? See how a low-cost Indoor Air Quality Assessment by Trademark Home Inspection, LLC can find potential hidden issues with a home and protect you, your family, and your future investment.
Trademark Home Inspection, LLC offers customers IAQ Home Survey™, a state-of-the-art test that checks for chemicals in the air that could potentially make you and your family sick, and provides you with an assessment of the home air quality.
- IAQ Home Survey is a low-cost test designed to measure the chemicals in the air and find hidden mold.
- IAQ Home Survey can be easily performed at your convenience on an area of up to 2,000 sq. ft.
- IAQ Home Survey reports the total amount of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) found in the home and whether they are within a recommended safe range.
- IAQ Home Survey predicts the source of the VOCs and determines if the home is the source or if the VOCs are merely from the contents of the home.
- IAQ Home Survey is so sensitive it monitors for the chemicals released by actively growing mold, whether they are behind walls or underneath the carpeting or flooring.
- Formaldehyde can be measured and reported individually for an additional charge. This test is especially recommended for any home constructed or remodeled within the past five years.
Whether you are looking to buy or sell a home, or if you’re just interested in maintaining your current home or business, it’s important to ensure the air is safe to breathe. Get peace of mind and call us today about performing an accurate, affordable IAQ Home Survey test as part of a complete home inspection service
We proudly serve the citizens of Plymouth, Michigan, located in Wayne County in such zip codes as 48170. Plymouth is well known as a solid, family-friendly community – offering more than fifty recreational programs for all age groups.
Other Home Inspection and Environmental Testing Services Available in Plymouth
What is a IAQ Home Survey
View a Sample Report
- paints, paint strippers and other solvents
- wood preservatives
- aerosol sprays
- cleansers and disinfectants
- moth repellents and air freshenerss
- stored fuels and automotive products
- hobby supplies
- dry-cleaned clothing
- building materials and furnishings
- office equipment such as copiers and printers, correction fluids and carbonless copy paper
- graphics and craft materials including: glues and adhesives, permanent markers and photographic solutions.